Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Help with the downloadable games

If a downloadable game is an .exe file, just click the link, and choose open. The game will usually be installed among your other programs (otherwise you can choose where you would like to install it during the installation process).

If the game is a .zip or .rar file, choose save, and save it to your pc.
Extract it in a new folder using WinRar for example (if you don't have it, get it from here: http://www.rarlab.com/).
Then click the installation file (in most cases .exe file) or the file that starts the game, and your pc will install it, or launch it respectively.
2 of 3 < >

Game Loading Problems

First Check to make sure you have all the latest Plugins. They are free updates to your computer that allows you to play the games. They will not hurt your computer. They just allow you to play our games.

Here's what you need:

For Java: http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp

For Flash: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

For Shockwave: http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi

We highly recommend you are up to date on all of them so you can play all the games here.

If you are still having problems please post what the problem is HERE
3 of 3 < >

Rules updated

Old members and new members, please read the updated rules.
You find them as sticky at the top of all forum categories, for example here:
http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603
Thank you for taking a couple of minutes to do that.

The moderation team
See more
See less

Cryptos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jase
    r c b etc.
    421312 etc.
    435514 etc.
    s z d etc.
    30 letters ... 31 letters is all i can gather
    Which program did you use to come up with the numbers at those particular coordinates? The one i gave the link to above this post of yours gives different coordinates to those letters. Assuming you used a bifid cipher?

Comment

• I'm not sure I follow you there pkticker - did you actually get to the next level or was that an idea for the solution as I get garbage doing that

Ahh no, I get it now. Nice job

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Mapa
        Which program did you use to come up with the numbers at those particular coordinates?
        I gave up on the programs and did it manually. Draw your own grid up, using I and J in the same square and work from that. Cryptos posted the correct one a while back.

Comment

• Done the 'barging in' level - that's quite straightforward. The next one looks like a gem, and I think I already have an idea

Comment

• Hello, I've just caught up to this point. Is it possible to get another clue for the mansion level? I am not following how you came to the solution. I am getting no where the way I am doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuang
              Done the 'barging in' level - that's quite straightforward. The next one looks like a gem, and I think I already have an idea
              Well, Kuang, I must have used up my intelligence quota for the day, because I have no idea what to do for "barging in"
              I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

• Originally posted by pkticker
                Well, Kuang, I must have used up my intelligence quota for the day, because I have no idea what to do for "barging in"

Comment

• Just in case you guys are interested, we just finished Stage 3 (Level 27).

Comment

• Hi jack, welcome aboard!

Go to wikipedia and search for a bifid cipher. Have a read about how it works, then type the text out and follow the instructions in my post above. You'll need a grid that runs from a-z, with no letter J.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryptos
                      Just in case you guys are interested, we just finished Stage 3 (Level 27).
                      You're really getting us working now, aren't you?

Comment

• I'm the level after that, with the computer password. I'm trying to figure out pkticker's clue to no avail.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack
                          I'm the level after that, with the computer password. I'm trying to figure out pkticker's clue to no avail.
                          Jack, using the a=1, b=2 code, figure out the numbers that go with each letter in the username...

Comment

The whole text for this level, you mean...? I've tried

Comment

• Thanks, I was looking for a word to make out of it. You did a great job on that one, I never would have thought of it.

Comment

You're really getting us working now, aren't you?
                                On the contrary. We've been having to do at least a level a day to keep ahead of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X