No announcement yet.

General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to the poster if their post is reported as offensive?

Comment

• It depends on the post, and if the member has already had previous warnings, etc. There is always a lot of discussion among moderation before any action is taken. Sometimes a member is just given a heads up about the rules, and nothing more. It all depends.

Comment

• Thanks ladies!
        Last edited by GamerWannaB; 06-19-2009, 12:51:07.

Comment

• Hello again,

Is there anyway we could have spolier button on edit too, because when playing games if you edit your post to say that you have found something new it's really handy.. Pleeeaaaaassseee?
          Badwife of my husblonde gh1!

Still searching for "the bit underneath"

My Riddle:- Little Red Riddling Hood Current Temp End 39

On holiday: 27th Aug - 10th Sept

Comment

• Currently we have edit if you hit "Go Advanced".
            I'm going to see if GamersHood can do something for the Quick Edit.

Comment

• When you go to who's online and it says 'John' or whatever and it says 'Viewing user profile' how come you can't see who's profile?

Comment

• Privacy reasons.
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• In order to post in the forums I need to allow pop-up windows from gamershood's site so that I can use tags such as spoilers and images. However a result of this is that it then allows a million pop-up ads opening up whenever I try to play a game through the home page. How can I get the benefit of the posting in the forum without being plagued by all those pop-up ads?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hmmm, there are ads on the games page, but I haven't encountered any pop-ups. I have checked by completely disabling my pop-up blocker, and randomly clicking around and loading games during 10 minutes. Not one single pop-up for me
                    I don't know why you are getting pop-ups, have you done a scan lately for any malware and adware on your computer?

Comment

• I made Gamershood a trusted site in my Internet Options (in the Security tab) for IE browser. That cleared up what I called nag screens each time I wanted to do those things elle.

Comment

• Ah, so elle wasn't talking about pop-up ads? In that case I have misunderstood it.

EDIT
                        Hmm, I had GH as trusted site, too. I have removed it from trusted sites to see if this makes any difference. But still nothing.

So I'm curious to know what kind of pop-ups elle is talking about exactly.
                        Elle, could you provide us more specific information?

Comment

• I think she is talking about a thing I encountered until I made www.gamershood.com a trusted site. It always asked for temporary permission to post those spoilers and images and never would let it be permanant until I went into Tools/Internet Options/Security/Trusted Sites and entered our website.

From then on it was smooth sailing and no more queries about getting permission.

Comment

• Yeah, I get it now what you mean. It's connected to the forum and posting.

But this doesn't explain the pop-ups on gamershood.com when you try to play a game, which has been reported by elle.
                            There are ads on the pages, but as I said I have completely shut off my blocker and during 10 minutes of browsing around, I haven't encountered ANY pop-ups. And she's talking about millions...

And such a high number (even if it wasn't meant seriously) makes me think of adware.

Comment

• I have my pop-up blocker on. She needs to be able to have hers on as well. It should not be required to be off for her to post. Something is wrong with the first sentence in her original post.

Originally posted by elle View Post
                              In order to post in the forums I need to allow pop-up windows from gamershood's site so that I can use tags such as spoilers and images. However a result of this is that it then allows a million pop-up ads opening up whenever I try to play a game through the home page. How can I get the benefit of the posting in the forum without being plagued by all those pop-up ads?

Comment

• Yeah, but if you are attaching images to your post for example, there is a pop-up window on the forums for browsing etc.
                                Doesn't this cause a problem for you? Or does it still work?

Comment

Working...
                                X