No announcement yet.

Cryptos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool thanks Kuang! Now im just on that **** Column thing bah, looked on wikipedia and what people have said on here, still makes no sense whatsoever, oh well.....ill have another look later

Comment

• I've written up three graded hints for you - only go as far in as you need to avoid ruining the puzzle

This is your second if you don't have any luck with the first..

And here's your last if THAT doesn't ring any bells.

You'll still have to guess the keyword yourself though

Comment

• The End.......? (so far)

Originally posted by kuang
        how about if I said 'walking out onto a battlefield with a target painted on your shirt'?
        Or like we're standing in a field on top of a bull's-eye, waiting for the Martians from "War of the Worlds" to zap us...

Wow Elise, thanks for the hint. Man... I get back on this evening and y'all got the thing solved for me...

I feel like I need a decoder ring or something... maybe that would help for the later levels?
        I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

• There have been a few decoder rings in the past given away to the public for use with TV shows, in boxes of cereals, etc. Most were used by aligning a given letter on the inner disc with A the outer and reading off the new letters so they were effectively just caesar shift machines. However you could realign successive letters of a keyword on the inner ring with A on the outer ring and then read off the cipher equivalent to each plaintext letter, giving an instant pocket Vignere machine

Comment

• nothing new?

Thank's Kuang sniff and Pkticker! Finally sniff I think that I see sniff the clarity of this kind of situation sniff !!!!! Let me try sniff : It's like to be sniff a stripper in afghanistan!!!!( sniff perhap' s not very funny)!

Nothing new with cryptos???
            The Buggers are safe when I play at Gamershood!

Comment

• Heh - that's an interesting image. I'm not sure what made you think of that, and I don't think I want to find out

Comment

• Ready for more!

Originally posted by ender
                Thank's Kuang sniff and Pkticker! Finally sniff I think that I see sniff the clarity of this kind of situation sniff !!!!! Let me try sniff : It's like to be sniff a stripper in afghanistan!!!!( sniff perhap' s not very funny)!

Nothing new with cryptos???
                Gee... a stripper in Afghanistan... that WOULD be a deadly situation, Ender.

I am waiting with bated breath for the next installment... I have my "A=1, B=2" list all made and my Playfair and Bifid grids all written up... which means none of that will be of any use to me, most likely.
                I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

• I'm intrigued about the next levels too - 40+ stages each with a different challenge is a serious undertaking, so I can imagine it getting particularly evil towards the end. Fortunately there seem to be a good variety of people here with different abilities so it'll be interesting to see how far we get.

Incidentally Bletchley Park here in the UK used to have a massive variety of people in the codebreaking huts, from mathematicians to crossword puzzle experts. The idea was that a different perspective on a problem could often reveal something new, so problems were passed around until somebody had a revelation. Seems to be a good way to work

Comment

• It's a team work!

I'm totally conscious that, without you, I would have arrived there never!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    First riddle for me! first ciphers!!! You gave me the impression to be a sort of big boss with ciphers!!
                    The Buggers are safe when I play at Gamershood!

Comment

• i am glad that i have the rest of you to "mesh with" ... as a group we can almost conquer anything ... i did say ANYTHING!

Comment

• Hello everyone. I'm a noob at puzzle games. My sister has urged me to play Cryptos.
                        So here I am. I'll see if I'm as good at ciphers as Geomag !
                        Save Ferris !

Comment

• Hiya Ferris

Start at the beginning, and try not to use the spoilers unless you're *really* stuck - you learn a certain way of thinking that'll help you out later on if you figure the puzzles out as far as possible yourself

Comment

• Is there any word when the next level might be up?

Comment

• The next levels should be up fairly soon.The main delay is that we have to plot out the entire stage before we write the levels.

Comment

• ..and you're waiting for the fresh supply of *evil* to be delivered

Comment

Working...
                                X